Creating a Self-Reliant Practice with Jordon Comstock
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Insurance complications with patients and the lack of consistent reoccurring revenue are problems that most professionals in the dental industry face. Jordon Comstock, a natural problem solver, has found some simple ways to get rid of these common issues. His passion for leadership and a self-sufficient style of doing business is what got him to where he is today with many happy and successful clients in the dental industry.
Jordon shares his story and how he ended up working in the dental industry and found his passion for improving systems and processes. He also talks about key areas that are critical to building a more self-reliant and consistently profitable practice. Jordon sheds light on a few areas where dentists tend to miss opportunities for increased functionality, customer loyalty and profits.
The business that Jordon built, Boom Cloud, addresses many of the organizational issues that come with having a subscription-style practice. He talks about what services they provide to increase scalability and cut out the headaches that come with insurance billing and expired credit card payments. Overall he really plants a great idea that practices can easily avoid much of the hassle they currently deal with and gain more loyal and consistent clients.
- “I look for employees that are leaders, I don’t look for employees that look at me to be a leader”
- “Despite going through that year of hardship and challenge, I believed in my product, I believed in the concept and I just stayed persistent and I found ways to make money on the side and then all of a sudden we launched Boom Cloud a year later.”
- “You reap what you sow and sure enough that’s what happened.”
- “A critical component of self-reliance is getting other leaders involved and people that can lead different aspects of a practice.”
- “I do believe in the concept of reoccurring revenue, that that helps a lot.”
- “Dentists should be reliant on their own system, their own team, to grow and flourish.”
- “We’ve got the insurance companies that are policing the dentists but who’s policing the insurance companies?”
- “I believe in systems and processes. If we don’t have those, it’s very hard to manage things in any type of business.”
Featured on the Show:
- Jordon Comstock: Boom Cloud | Rocket Fire
- How to Create an In House Membership Program by Jordon Comstock
- The Automatic Customer by John Warrillow
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Pre-Suasion by Robert Cialdini
- Quality Dental Plan
- Dr. Phelps
- How to Set Pricing.. by Jordon Comstock
- Dr. Mark Costes