Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Quotes & Notes:
- “CANI: Constant and Never-ending Improvement” -Tony Robbins.
- Every day I am trying to be a better dentist, better parent, better person, and better in my business than the year before.
- Someone who is not in very good shape, when they become fit, they become confident, more attractive, and this relates to the practice. While we don’t want to focus too much on the financial side of it, but you have to admit, when you are doing well then that makes you feel better about yourself as well.
- Like many dentists you talk to, it took me a while to get into dental school, but I was relentless.
- My hero is my grandfather, Dr. William Woodstock, who was a professional baseball player, but when his wife died, he decided to go back to dental school. My parents used to drop me off at his office, and I would watch him.
- Sometimes on Wednesday and Sunday, I would start calling successful dentists and would say, “Hey I’m not doing so well. Mind if I come in and watch you work.”
- After compiling all of the notes [from visiting dentist] I one day woke up at four in the morning, and I said that I really need to put this into a book, for I know a lot of dentists would really benefit from this information.
- The Winning Combination was the book that Woody Oakes wrote off of these notes.
- I’ve personally been in 2500 offices in the last 37 years.
- You know you are successful when you get a lot of arrows in your back.
- The idea for starting the Profitable Dentist [the dental magazine Dr. Oakes started] came from helping out a dentist had requested help from him, after reading his book.
- Right after I got the practice fixed, I had a botched heart surgery, but during the open heart surgery, I had a stroke. Two little kids, a wife, and I was paralyzed on my left side of my body, and almost no eyesight.
- Tony Robinns actually wrote me a letter encouraging me [to get better] during that time.
- I decided that I was going to conquer this.
- You just got to keep focus and believe in yourself.
- “If you want to have a special result, you find someone who is already getting the results you want,” Tony Robbinss.
- Dr. Woody Oaks suggests each dentist read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
- Just go for it. And get a Coach.
- You can reach Dr. Woody Oaks with 1-800-337-8467, on theprofitabledentist.com, or with email@example.com
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love a 5-star review on iTunes: