Podcast: Play in new window | Download
As dentists, we strive for excellence in everything we do, setting the bar high for ourselves and holding ourselves to the highest standards. But what happens when our self-talk becomes our worst enemy?
Let’s explore the importance of choosing encouraging words for yourself and the impact on your professional success. We’ll delve into how your unconscious mind is always receptive to your directives and how your self-talk can either mandate incredible success or undermine it completely.
We’ll also discuss how making mistakes and falling short is a natural part of the human experience, and why it’s crucial to draw the line when it comes to beating yourself up. Taking care of your mental health and well-being is essential for your professional growth, and we’ll explore why self-compassion is the key to a successful dental practice.
Hey Doc, you know that little voice in your head? Yes. That one! We’re going to be talking about it in this episode.
- So if you want to develop a powerful awareness around the stories you tell yourself…
- If you want to learn some self-talk lessons from both Robin Williams and Serena Williams…
- If you want to quiet that inner critic so you can confidently grow your dental practice…
Tune in now!
Listen in and find solutions to common practice issues at Prescriptions for Your Practice.
Check out our New Case Study, “Discover How To Recession-Proof Your Dental Practice In The Next 60 Days So That You Increase Profits & Avoid Losing Key Team Members” now at: http://thenorecessiondentist.com/casestudy.
Join The Leading Dentist Collective – the free collaborative community for single-location dental practice owners who want to unleash their people, profits, and purpose.
- “If you want to influence change, you have to start with yourself.”
- “Self-talk is real and it is programming you to success or failure whether you like it or not.”
- “By being aware and shifting our self-talk from negative to positive, we can re-program our brain with much better instructions.”
- “There is real power to positive self-talk.”
- “When you doubt yourself when you doubt your abilities, you hesitate to make vital decisions.”
- “It’s either you’re winning or learning. And if you’re learning, you’re winning.”
Featured on the Show:
- People: Tyronn Lue, Los Angeles Clippers Head Coach
- People: Shad Helmstetter, author
- People: Serena Williams, American tennis player
- People: Robin Williams, American Actor
- People: Carl Jung, Swiss psychologist
- Character: Stuart Smalley, SNL
- I appreciate your feedback. Let me know what you learned and loved here: [email protected].