Dentists have fought for autonomy and independence for so long, and due to the current pandemic, we are now seeing the upper limits of that fight. With most practices shut down completely except for emergencies, many dentists are seeing death to their identity as a result, but we have a great opportunity right now to hit the reset button. Today’s guest is going to take us through exactly what our world could look like once the shutdown is over, as well as the opportunities before us as we head into a new economy in our industry.
Tim Rauch has been on the show before, and he joins me again today to share great insight into how to leverage the opportunities of this unique situation, how to own the space in our practice and our community, and why the “less hours = less income” mindset is a fallacy. His advice will no doubt flip the script on chasing money at the expense of preserving memories and enjoying life, so you don’t want to miss it!
Be Inspired and tune in to more Mind Shift Podcast episodes
- “The opportunities are going to be for dentists who are good at connecting with other dentists.”
- “The people who have a unique set of clinical skills will always be safer than the generalist.”
- “There is a brighter future in giving people what they want and what they’re willing to pay for out of pocket.”
- “A lot of dentists are seeing almost a death of their own identity at this point in time.”
- “This is a reset opportunity to really acknowledge that some of the things that we do, like trading five days for two days of the weekend, may be a dumb pursuit.”
- “You don’t want to completely trade today for a better tomorrow.”