We often find ourselves facing a common challenge – the Illusion of Tomorrow. We tell ourselves that tomorrow will be the perfect day to tackle important tasks, implement changes, and embrace new opportunities. But why do we keep clinging to tomorrow?
Let’s delve deep into the psychology behind our actions and discover how to break free from this illusion. We’ll explore the factors that hold us back, from optimism bias to the avoidance of discomfort, and how they impact our decisions as dental practice owners.
In this episode, I discuss why you won’t have more time, discipline, and willpower tomorrow.
- So if you want to know what to do when your dental career path stops making sense…
- If you want to hear Steve Jobs’ best career advice, and…
- If you want to be more purposeful so you can make dentistry more prosperous and fulfilling…
Tune in now! Not tomorrow.
Listen in and find solutions to common practice issues at Prescriptions for Your Practice.
Attention single-location dental practice owners who want to build a high-performance team so that you can take more time off while enjoying elevating profits: Learn about Dental Practice 3.0 and the new Dentists Ascend Mastermind
- “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do… I started to use that quote as my guidance system. Wherever I was feeling significant fear, significant resistance, I would try and put it to the top of my priority list and just step into that fear.”
- “The reality is that you’re not gonna suddenly have more time, discipline, or willpower. So it’s best to stop living in the illusion of tomorrow.”
- “I think back and if I wouldn’t have had that one moment of strength… I really don’t know where I’d be right now. It’d be a different world.”
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward. You can only connect them by looking backward… You have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
- “There have been many times on this journey where it made absolutely no sense to me… but when I look in the rearview mirror, it’s amazing how the dots connect and have led to an absolutely incredible life.”
Featured on the Show:
- People: Barbara Corcoran, is an American businesswoman, investor, syndicated columnist, and one of the “Sharks” on ABC’s hit TV show, SHARK TANK.
- People: Tim Ferriss is an American entrepreneur, author, and social media personality.
- People: Julien Smith, author of the book The Flinch, a free book about facing your fear.
- People: Gary Vaynerchuk, author of the book Crush It! Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion.
- People: Michael Gerber, author of the book The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It.
- People: John Lee Dumas, is the founder & host of Entrepreneurs on Fire.
- People: Dr. Howard Farran, the founder, and owner of Dentaltown.com and Dentaltown magazine.
- I appreciate your feedback. Let me know what you learned and loved here: [email protected].