If you’re at a point with your practice where you feel like you are bored, burnt out, and broken, it’s probably not your circumstances, community, or team. What it probably means is that you are lacking purpose, or you’ve lost your purpose somehow. In this episode, I’ll be talking about the importance of having and maintaining a strong sense of purpose and fighting to keep pursuing it.
Listen in as I present to you Dentistry’s Chasm of Meaning. This is an illustration that I’ll walk you through in order to understand why and where purpose gets lost in the process of working through our dentistry careers. I will discuss everything from avoiding the games that cannot be won to creating a prosperous practice where you can serve people at a higher level.
Be inspired, tune in to more Hints for Happiness Podcast Episodes
- “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.”
- “I believe we are trying to find external solutions to internal problems, which never leads to a happy ending.”
- “If we try to be everything to everyone, we are nothing to no one.”
- “Our default is more is better and dentistry is success.”
- “Burnout is giving more than you’ve got for too long.”
Featured on the Show:
- Relentless Dentist on Instagram
- Titans of Dentistry by Dr. Justin Short and Dr. David Maloley
- Dental Success Network