Podcast: Play in new window | Download
“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” — Theodore Roosevelt
If you had to win every day, what would you do? Do you have a framework for winning? Do you have a framework for setting yourself up for success?
Doc, do you ever feel like you’re playing a losing game? In this episode, I discuss how dental practice owners can win Every Day. So,
- If you want to use the powerful WOOP framework,
- If you want to work a 4-step system that sets you up for enduring success,
- If you want to experience authentic practice owner confidence so you can have your best year every year,
Tune in now!
Listen in and find solutions to common practice issues at Prescriptions for Your Practice.
Check out our New Case Study, “Discover How To Recession-Proof Your Dental Practice In The Next 60 Days So That You Increase Profits & Avoid Losing Key Team Members” now at: http://thenorecessiondentist.com/casestudy.
- “Understand that your practice has its personality, needs, and identity. And if you don’t nurture, that starts to get upset, begins to act up a little bit. So let’s keep the momentum, focus, and enjoy yourself. It’s not an either-or game. It’s a both-end game.”
- “Create a framework that allows us to win and win and win and win because confidence is really keeping promises to ourselves.”
- “Let’s make progress. Let’s get better. But don’t be a home run hitter. Just focus on the basics, the fundamentals.”
- “If we use today as the arena we’re about to enter; we can decide what a win looks like today.”
- “You can’t influence yesterday, and you can barely influence tomorrow. And if you did have an influence on tomorrow, it would happen from the place of today.”
- “It helps to tap into people in the arena who know that they’re going to fall down, but they also appreciate that they’re going to get back up a better person because they’re going to learn.”
- “If we just talk about our wishes and our wants, it’s usually overly optimistic. We must appreciate that there will be obstacles on the way. And if we could forecast and diagnose those obstacles in advance, we have a much higher likelihood of succeeding.”
Featured on the Show:
- People: Theodore Roosevelt, US President
- People: Gabriele Oettingen, professor of Psychology
- People: Byron Katie, author
- People: Nassim Nicholas Taleb, author
- Character: Aelius Maximus Decimus Meridius, Gladiator movie
- Podcast: How To Be Antifragile, Dr. David Maloley
- I appreciate your feedback. Let me know what you learned and loved here: [email protected].