This week, I’m thrilled to bring you an interview with fellow podcaster Dr. Peter Boulden: dentist, marketer, and businessman extraordinaire. Peter is the brains behind the Bulletproof Dental Practice podcast and the owner of several dental practices.
Peter is here to talk about why he loves the business side of dentistry and what attracted him to the profession in the first place. He’s also one of the best advisors on dental marketing and systems out there, so be sure to tune in for that advice!
We chat about Peter’s first job out of dental school and why he offered to work three months for free – seriously! – just to be at a practice he admired. We then cover entrepreneurship and the ups and downs of owning your own practices. Peter shares some of the quotes and books that motivate him now and in hard times, and why he thinks perfectionism is a detrimental concept. He’s also chock-full of actionable marketing tips you won’t want to miss!
- I knew that my chances of being successful were more enhanced by coming back to the place where people knew and loved me.
- As a new grad, you have the tools but you are by no means ready to roll.
- People told me we were gonna fail, which is kind of a blessing because it fuels you every morning.
- I like the multiple ownership model because it keeps me busy, and I get to flex my muscles with marketing and systems and all that stuff.
- I’m a big fan of reverse engineering – visualizing what I want and then filling in the steps going backwards.
- I don’t strive for perfection; I strive for progress and value.
- People have depth in so many areas that I don’t and I just want to pull all the pearls I can from their brain.
- No one has a vested interest to grow your practice the way you’re going to.
- People will pay for value – and the same thing can transcend for dentistry.
- The only sure thing you have in this world is you. You are your best investment. So don’t doubt for a second that you can do it.
Featured on the Show:
- Dr. Peter Boulden: firstname.lastname@example.org | (678) 887-1005
- Bulletproof Dental Practice
- Atlanta Dental Spa
- It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
- Tim Ferriss
- Dr. Rich Creasman
- David Hornbrook
- Dr. Debra Gray King
- Dr. Trent Smallwood
- Dr. Mark Costes on Bulletproof Dental Practice: Expanding Your Practice Through Acquisitions
- Dr. Steve Rasner on RDP: Dr. Steven Rasner’s Bold Biography
- Dr. Steve Rasner on BDP: How to Have A Thriving FFS Dental Practice
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies by Michael Gerber and Chet Holmes
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss