Quotes & Notes:
- “You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough people get what they want,” Zig Ziglar.
- “Do or do not, there is no try,” from Star Wars.
- Growing up I worked hard and my dad was very successful, he owned some newspapers; so I was always taught hard work.
- I don’t know how I made school a career because I am a horrible student. But since dental school, I mean, I am a voracious reader. I can’t get enough of learning…I’m always at a CE course.
- “You can be a great clinician and a great businessman,” Mark Costes. After I had that conversation with Mark and had a paradigm shift, we just grew exponentially. Now we are a multi-million dollar practice.
It’s just like everything else; there are few things in dentistry that we can do that are not repairable. Just get in there are get started.
- (On the change in insurance) And I said to myself, there are two options here, either I put a gun in my mouth, or you put on your big boy pants and you get through this, you figure it out.
- I’ve just had to become much more efficient and purposeful with what I do with my time.
- That’s when we got together with a graphic designer and took all of our backwoods modality of the whole thing, polished it up, and made it beautiful, and really dialed in all the ins and outs of the whole thing, to make it so another dentist can get this kit. It is just super straight forward and easy to implement.
- No matter where you are at in your practice, if you find a mentor, if you read a ton, join a mastermind group, whatever, but there is no need to reinvent the wheel. You find somebody who is doing or has done, and you latch onto their coattails.
- Dr. Jason Lowry would suggest every dentist read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.