Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Quotes & Notes:
- One of the things about being in the business is that there is a certain consistency with being a dentist.
- In my work, you need to be flexible.
- Bring whatever you might need instead of preplanning.
- “Be the change you want to see in the world,” Gandhi.
- Distinction, which is how you see the world, determines how you act in the world. No distinction no power.
- Working on the inside to produce outside results.
The better I know myself the better choices that I can make.
Therefore produce better outcomes I can achieve.
- Today it [dentistry] is about we.
- Most dentist are unprepared to maximize their assets in this new ecology.
- When you have external money flowing into an industry it is a game-changer.
- You can’t win the war by yourself, so collaborate.
- Failure for me is a constant. It’s my relationship to failure that’s changed. Everyone fails.
- Breakdowns are the access to the future. You can’t change something unless it fails.
- Last week I tried to produce a new kind of course, and I said I would fill it with people. I failed. It was a failure to keep a promise.
- There are five hats you have to wear. Ownership, Leadership, Management, Marketing, and Clinician.
- Yes, [I have barriers] myself being the toughest one.
- Trust yourself to express yourself and see what that gives you.
- Dr. Copper would suggest every dentist read Courage by Gus Lee.