Quotes and Notes:
- I have seen some trends in dentistry, and unfortunately, some of the things we’ve seen in dentistry the last maybe ten or fifteen years, have been aberrations.
- If you’re not financially independent, it will color your diagnosis.
- If you look at the projections on dental health care, we’re looking at 20% increase in growth in the next twenty or twenty-five years. So, it’s still going to be viable, it’s just going to look different than what we think it’s going to look like.
- I’m really positive on dentistry, I’m just scared that there are people hearing the wrong story.
- It’s not servicing the person, it’s serving them. It’s taking that golden rule a little further.
- For thirty-five years, almost 37, we had a 30% growth every year.
- If I just wanted to have a certain amount of profit, it might not have worked because what would happen was that the message in my marketing might not be the same as the message that I put out when they actually show up.
- I had a kid call me the other day, five hundred twenty-five dollars in debt . . .and he wants to go out and slay these dragons—and he can, but that’s a scary obstacle when you start out with that big of a boulder in front of you.
- It wasn’t his clinical skills, it wasn’t where he practiced, it was the limiting beliefs that he carried around.
- It’s much more difficult with a doctor who calls and wants to just take a good practice and make it great.
- Supposition is the biggest enemy of a good business.
- When I look at numbers, it’s the patients talking. When they’re talking, I don’t think most doctors listen. And that’s why the numbers are important.
- Failing to me would be not getting back up and try again.
- I don’t benchmark dentistry. I look at other consumer-driven small business to benchmark.
- Everybody deserves to have the practice they always thought they would have.
Dr. Abernathy recommends that you read: Halftime by Bob Buford, The Real You by Kevin Leman
Download some of Dr. Abernathy’s invaluable insights here : The Super General Dental Practice & Code Breaker email