Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Quotes and Notes:
- Value is a perception, not a calculation.
- Dentistry is perceived as a much lower value by most people than it actually brings to their lives.
- Patients care more about their experience than your expertise!
- [Everything in the practice] is either increasing my willingness to be a patient and to accept treatment or it’s decreasing it. Nothing you do is neutral!
- This environment is about helping people understand why dentistry is important.
- It always starts with building the team. You’ve got to have 100% of the team choosing a good attitude every day.
- Everyone should be greeted by name.
- Answer the phone . . . 1 out of 4 calls goes to voice-mail.
- 60% of first-time callers that go to voice mail, never call back.
- Fifty percent of bad reviews can be fixed with an apology . . . It’s always easier to acknowledge it and fix it.
- Have a systematic, consistent process of generating new reviews.
- You can pretend that human nature isn’t true, but it’ll be to your detriment. Most people spend most of their money irrationally.
- The #1 app used by 5x is Facebook . . . you don’t need to be Tweeting every day.
- It’s so important to have a good, clean, modern website with ever-changing content.
- It’s a very emotional decision for most people to choose a dentist.
- Who among us cannot register indifference in five seconds??? You don’t ever want to be projecting indifference in a healthcare/service environment.
- A dentist has to be a leader. You are in charge of that environment. It all radiates from you.
- 32% of your dormant patients have found another dentist.
Get Fred’s book “Everything is Marketing”. Use the discount code: Fred Joyal
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love a 5-star review on iTunes: