Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Quotes & Notes:
- There has never been a better time to be a dentist.
- Prosperity is a prerequisite for clinical excellence.
- Probably one of the best things that anyone ever told me was when my counselor my freshman year said, I made a B in freshman botany, and said, “well there goes your chances of getting into dental school. Oh yea there are thousands of people with 4.0s.” Well, I buckled down from then on.
- My grandfather was a dentist. In fact, he was Babe Ruth’s dentist.
- My dad, you know if you have ever seen the movie The Great Santini, and so everything was my way or the highway, which was very influential as a kid.
- I realized from an early age that I don’t know everything, and so I went around and tried to find people who were where I wanted to go.
- In dental school they taught us how everything has to be done perfect. Well then I learn communication skills. I would identify the things that I didn’t like about my prep. As the instructor came in, I would say “Well, I don’t really like this wall or that wall,” and they would go “Oh that’s not that bad,” where as if I wouldn’t have said anything they would have grilled me.
- I just knew there were easier ways of doing things, and I have done that my whole career.
- For me after a couple of years dentistry wasn’t the kind of thing I thought it would be.
- I’ve worked the next 30 years trying to figure out the model practice, and like I say, there are no perfect practices, its just a constant improvement.
- January 1st, of the next year [after my partner had left], we actually produced ten percent more than when both of us were there.
- Being productive is not about speed. Its about communication.
- I love going to work and I love coming home.
- There is so much more to marketing than advertising.
- We are very saturated but it hasn’t affected our business because of marketing.
- I knew the only way out of those types of things is to buckle up and for me to just work harder.
- You don’t have slow months, you have months that you just aren’t into it.
- I wouldn’t be where I am today if I hadn’t had multiple moments of failure.
- Failure is just the opportunity to learn.
- The older I get the more I appreciate all the things I’ve gone through to get me to where I am.
- Things I can’t control, those are the things that I am most scared of.
- As long as I can believe I can do it, we can figure out a way to do it.
- Don’t waste time worrying about what others will think. Take great care of your patients and the rest will take care of itself.
- I want to learn from others and share what I have learned
- Live your life out of abundance, not out of scarcity.
- There is nothing wrong with feeling good while doing good.
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love a 5-star review on iTunes: