Quotes & Notes:
- I have been coaching dentists for over twenty years. And when I coach them I try and find out what it is they’re trying to accomplish. And then we sit down and really take a look at their practice.
- You get the players you get and then you have to figure out where to put those players and make it a well-honed team.
“Be more concerned with you character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – John Wooden
- If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
- If you went and kissed each person’s bottom in the middle of the square, in front of a million people, that wouldn’t be enough either. So just remember that there are some people you are not going to be able to please.
- Basically, I grew up in the country. It was a good place to grow up.
- Both of my parents were educated. My mother had her master’s in education. My dad had his DVM. I think it made me think about doing something on a professional level.
- The mistake I made was that he had a small practice and I thought I would build it up. I worked four times as hard to build that up as I would have if I bought a practice five times that size and gone to work immediately.
- If you are going to buy a practice, if it’s your startup practice, buy the one that got the most patients and the biggest patient flow that you can afford. Now you can sit down and start doing dentistry.
- I was really good at making mistakes fast and then recovering from them.
- Sometimes we would have to go to talk to banks and say, “Either you can run the practice or you can work with us.”
- When the torch is on your butt, I can tell you, there is a different mindset that goes on.
- The guys that are battle-tested, that are used to dealing with some of these things, have a lot better chance at surviving and thriving.
- I am scared of the lack of leaders in this country, and the number of people with poor or no work ethic, and that we are rewarding these people.
- Dentist should understand that there is a significant change that is occurring in dentistry, whereas the mainstream practice we’ve known in the past is being cut into four quadrants.
- The marketplace is changing but most dentists are not adapting to the changes.
- If you are going to experience success you are going to have barriers.
- I am what I call an expert problem solver, and the reason I call myself this is because I have had to solve a lot of problems.
“Nothing can stop the person with the right mental attitude from achieving their goal. And nothing in earth can help people with the wrong mental attitude.”
- Dr. Bob Willis would recommend every dentist read Integrity selling for the Twenty-first Century by Ron Willingham.
- You can reach Dr. Bob Willis at his email email@example.com, call 1-800-866-0655, or at his website which is dentalcoach.com.